We like to use heavy duty Kevlar harnesses to connect the nylon shock cord to the centering ring or bulkhead in your airframe. Also use for UAV's for a multi-point mount to keep UAV level under chute. This has several advantages:
- Kevlar is heat resistant - use Kevlar near the ejection charge where it's needed.
- Less bulky than Kevlar shock cord protectors over nylon cord.
- Use less Kevlar keeping the cost down.
- Use tubular nylon for the rest of your shock cord. Nylon has more shock absorbing ability than Kevlar.
- All harnesses feature pre-sewn loops
- All stitching is done with Kevlar thread.
- "Y" harnesses are available for large rockets.