How long does it take to get a Fruity Chute?
We are asked may times "how long will it take to get my order?". And the answer depends on what you order. In that respect some of the product we make is to order and will take some time. If you browse our Website you will notice that we offer a large number of products and sizes available. But this also means that many of the products we sell is made to order. So the trade off in getting the exact product you want is some added time to make it for you. In some respects we are like a tailor that works for you to make you the exact product you need - how cool is that!
The first step in understanding the time is you need to know what kind of product you're ordering. These fall into three general categories - Stock (like stock Elliptical, Iris Parachutes, or electronics), short lead custom (Nomex products, Kevlar, d-bags), and full custom (Large Elliptical, or custom color parachutes). In general if you order all stock items then your order will ship on our next shipping day which is generally twice a week, on Tuesday or Friday (sometimes Saturday). But if you order has custom product then it really depends on what it is. If you order includes stock, and custom products then the order will wait to ship until it's all ready to ship. If you want to receive the stock or short lead time items more quickly then split your order into two parts, we'll ship what we can ASAP, and later follow up with your parachutes. That means make two order!
In any case if you are in a hurry contact us and we will do a stock check and let you know!
Guidelines regarding timing:
- Classic Elliptical Parachutes - We carry stock of these for all sizes form 12" to 60" so shipping can be quick as long as we have it. But we sometimes run out of a size. We will let you know if we do not have stock available when you place your order for a stock parachute. If you want custom colors then you that is considered a custom parachute and subject to lead time. Larger elliptical parachutes up to 120" are 3 - 4 weeks to ship ARO depending on the timing of your order.
- Iris Ultra Parachutes - We carrying stock in various color combinations of Iris parachutes from 30" to 120". If you can use a stock parachute we can ship i just a few days. Let us know your color preference and we can see what we have. For 144" - 192" have stock canopies ready to be completed per the line type ordereed. Some of the Iris Spectra parachutes like the IFC-48-S, and IFC-60-S are very popular and we can sometimes sell out of stock parachutes. All the Iris parachutes can be custom colors at no extra charge. If you want custom colors don't expect us to have your colors on the shelf. Since we carry 12 different colors and you can use multiple colors combinations it's not possible to have a stock Iris parachute in your exact size and color! But if you are in a hurry let us know and we'll see if we do have stock in your size, and we may even have colors that you like, so ask!
- Deployment Bags, Harnesesses and Shock Cord - We not stock most all sizes of these items.
- What about my weird odd ball stuff that Gene or Paula have to make - We will quote and make you whatever you want! Orders with non-standard product, and other custom requirements are always going to take time. Even if we quote a given lead time we sometimes run over. For instance a parachute may require a specific kind of shroud line - like MIL-C-5040 certified line. In some cases there can be delays procuring the proper inventory to build this.
- Time of year - Our business has a seasonal flow with a crush of orders in early spring and a lull in late summer. If you have a time sensitive USLI project and you need a large amount of product for a launch on March 15th be sure to order it in early Febuary!
Anyway I hope this help some. If you have a tight schedule the best thing it to let us know and we will see what we can do. Also plan ahead and order early.