READ BEFORE USE AND LIMITED LIABILITY WARRANTY
You can download our document here: READ BEFORE USE AND LIMITED LIABILITY WARRANTY
WARNING – READ BEFORE USE!
· Read and follow all operating instructions of all manufacture specifications to be sure the product is used within the maximum limits.
· Use only manufacture recommended compatible components.
· Carefully examine the parachute thoroughly before each use for any tears or other problems. If there are any problems have these fixed before use.
· Examine all other recovery gear such as shock cords, harnesses, and deployment bags that they are in good working order.
· For primary recovery parachutes do not exceed the recommended or stated forces, recovery weight capacity, or deployment velocity. Maximum parachute recovery weight is stated as the parachute capacity at 20fps plus 25% additional margin.
· For the primary recovery parachute (not drogue chute) the maximum recommended deployment velocity is:
o For chutes from 12” – 36”D is 250fps.
o For chutes from 42” to 72”D is 150fps
o For chutes from 84” to 120”D is 120fps
o For chutes from 144” to 192”D is 100fps
Fruity Chutes gives no implied guarantee that this would still not cause damage, or result in a recovery failure of some kind. It is up to the user to ultimately determine the safe deployment velocity for a given chute and calculate the deployment forces.
· Check and double check that all connections between equipment, the recovery load and the parachute are secure.
· Fruity Chutes recommends only the use of properly rated Stainless Steel Quick Links for the main chute recovery harnesses. The working load rating on the link should be at least 30 x the recovery weight.
· We discourage the use knots in shock cords. Sewn cords are much stronger and more reliable.
· Be careful and cautious. Review procedure before each use. Know and examine your equipment before each use.
· Never attempt to use equipment packed, prepared, or assembled by any other than a trusted and known 3rd party. Know and examine your equipment before each use.
· Failure to activate the parachute recovery system at a safe altitude and / or equipment failures can result in serious property damage, injury or even death.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW ALL WARNIINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS AND REQUIRED PROCEDURES MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS PROPERTY DAMAGE, INJURY, OR EVEN DEATH.
FRUITY CHUTES WARRANTY & RELEASE OF LIABILITY
2-Year Limited Warranty for Fruity Chutes Parachutes
Fruity Chutes Inc (FCI) manufactures the finest small to midsized parachute systems in the world. Accordingly, subject to the Terms & Conditions set forth below, we warrant that our parachute systems are free from defects in materials, workmanship and design for a period of two years from the date of manufacture.
Terms & Conditions of Warranty
1. This warranty excludes any condition that (in the sole opinion of FCI) has resulted from misuse, abuse, modification, improper maintenance, neglect, UV exposure, damage from aircraft or other airframe parts and/or any other condition that is outside the realm of normal usage. This includes ballistic deployment or other high speed deployments that are outside the normal and reasonable usage of the chute. In addition Usage of this product in a manner that violates state or federal law is a misuse of the product and voids all warranties, express or implied. FCI shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for damages related to the use of this product in an illegal manner.
2. This warranty excludes any condition related to color fastness, fading and/or the matching of any particular lot of materials with any other.
3. Regarding pre-sales advice and consultation on particular product selection recommendations are done free of charge and solely on a best effort basis. It is the buyer’s responsibility to take ultimate responsibility and approval for product selection.
4. All FCI products have been sample tested and characterized to meet advertised performance standards. However, since we have no control over the actual conditions of usage, this warranty specifically excludes any guarantee, express or implied, that a parachute system will perform properly in any specific application. It is up to the buyer to perform proper testing and inspections to ultimately determine the products suitability for their particular application.
5. Fruity Chutes can provide parachutes pre-packed in deployment bags or canisters. FRUITY CHUTES MAKES NO IMPLIED GUARANTEE or WARRANTY THAT THE PARACHUTE IN THESE CASES WILL PROPERLY DEPLOY. THE CUSTOMER ACCEPTS ALL RISKS FOR THE USE OR PRODUCTS THAT ARE PREPACKED.
6. Fruity Chutes CO2 systems and Recovery Bundles are provided as is and it is up to the user to determine all aspects of suitability for their application. These must be installed correctly and tested before use. Even after that it is possible due to circumstances beyond anyone’s control that there may be problems with deployment.
7. This warranty covers the product only when it is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and within the stated and/or operating limits regarding maximum opening airspeed and maximum gross weight for the lowest rated component of each assembly. Failure to follow these guidelines for the use of the product voids any and all warranties.
8. THE WARRANTIES AND AGREEMENTS HEREIN SET FORTH ARE EXCLUSIVE AND ARE EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND AGREEMENTS, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. THERE ARE NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MECHANTABILITY, WORKMANSHIP OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
9. Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for any breach of this warranty is limited to repair or replacement of any FCI product deemed to be defective. FCI shall have no other liability for any incidental, consequential or punitive damages.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
THE BUYER INDEMNIFIES AND RELEASES FRUITY CHUTES FROM ALL LIABILITY WITH REGARD TO THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT! FCI makes no warranty implied or direct regarding the stability of our product for your specific use. FCI PARACHUTES ARE NOT CERTIFIED FOR HUMAN USE! FCI PARACHUTES ARE NOT FAA CERTIFIED!
(C) 2014 Fruity Chutes Inc.