NOTICE: When you order custom color chutes please let us know when you need your chute, we will try and work with you and your schedule. Most orders ship three to four weeks ARO.
The Iris Ultra chutes raise the bar on parachute performance. These chutes feature a toroidal shape which results in a Cd of at least 2.2! This means you can use a size smaller chute for the same load carrying performance. Said another way the Iris Ultra 72" will out perform the elliptical 84 Custom, and the Iris 84 will out performance the elliptical 96. Not only that but due to the way the canopy is shaped these chutes have less material in there canopy compared to the same size elliptical chutes. Like our custom chutes all Iris Ultra parachutes are made to order - you choose the size, colors as well as many other options. Iris chutes feature:
- Lightweight 1.1oz Mil-spec calendared ripstop nylon - chutes are compact and lightweight
- Toroidal design (donught shape), optimal for high drag and minimum material and weight
- Choose your size, from 60" up to 192" (16')
- Chutes feature strong tubular nylon bridal and swivel sized to your parachute
- Include a top loop for use with deployment bags
- Your choice up to three colors and your pattern
- Chutes are designed to be as compact as possible to fit into small spaces
Iris Chute Options - On all sizes you can order our stock build, compact build, or the ultra compact all Kevlar shroud line version for the ultimate in light weight and compactness.
The compact build used lighter weight shroud lines and is no extra cost. The Kevlar version uses 350# Kevlar for the shroud lines, a Kevlar center pull down and bridle (no swivel). It is the ultimate is light weight and compact size!
For the IFC-120 and larger you can order the integrated Aero-slider which slows deployment down. This is not available in all Kevlar.
Be sure to check out all our recover gear: