TARC Parachutes - Versatile, Compact, Strong, Lowcost
These chutes were originally designed for TARC competitions. They are also excellent for low and mid-power use, or even as high power drogues or pilot chutes. Made using 400lb Spectra shroud lines, TARC chutes are very strong, light weight, versatile, and - better yet - low cost. TARC chutes are also used in the Fixed Wing Recovery Bundles for the pilot parachute.
For TARC competitions, the chutes are sized precisely for your team with sizes ranging from 16" to 24". We also carry 15" if TARC rules call for this size. Team America Rocketry Challenge has exacting parachute requirements, so we developed this line of chutes specially for this challenge. Our TARC parachutes meet the challenge requirements while serving as high quality products that are both small and compact for other low to mid power projects.
TARC chutes feature:
- Precise sizes for your team requirements. Reef the parachute for even better control.
- Large spill hole for high stability - about 10% of parachute total area.
- All chutes have a 6 gore elliptical shape for efficiency.
- 400lb Spectra shroud lines
- Sizes available from 16" to 24" at 2" increments (15" available as well).
- TARC parachutes come with the bridal optional, letting your team attach the parachute how they want.
- All the quality you expect from Fruity Chutes!
|Size (Diameter)||Spill Hole Size (10% area)||Shroud Length (6 lines)||Click for information|
See how to use ROC Sim to simulate your parachute by clicking HERE. Be sure to use the correct spill hole size, shroud line length and number. Set the shape to round. Remember that Fruity Chutes are much more efficient than flat sheet parachutes with a Cd of 1.5.
Give your team the winning edge!
Let us be your one-stop solution for your entire recovery system.