Iris Ultra - Raises the bar on Parachute Performance
The Iris Ultra chutes raise the bar on parachute performance. These chutes feature a unique toroidal shape like a doughnut cut in half. There are several common industry names for this shape including an Annular Parachute, or a Pull Down Apex Parachute since the apex (crown) of the chute is pulled down inside the canopy. The design results in a Cd of 2.2 or more! This means you can use a size smaller chute for the same load carrying performance. Said another way the Iris Ultra 72" will out perform the CFC-84 elliptical chute. Not only that but due to the way the canopy is shaped these chutes have a bit less fabric in the canopy compared to the same size elliptical chute. We generally have stock of all sizes on the Iris Ultra chute from the IFC-30 - IFC-120, and stock canopies for the IFC-144 and larger. We can also build custom parachutes - you choose the size, colors as well as many other options. We also have multiple line types available including nylon, and several weights of Spectra from 200# line up to 650# test.
Iris parachutes feature:
- Lightweight 1.1oz Mil-spec calendared rip-stop nylon - chutes are compact and lightweight
- Toroidal design , optimal for high drag and minimum material and weight
- Choose your size, from 30" up to 192" (16')
- Chutes feature strong integrated bridal for the parachute to main harness connection
- Ultra compact version uses Spectra "Nano" shroud line for the ultimate in compact size and low weight.
- Include a top loop for use with deployment bags
- Your choice up to three colors and your pattern, or we carry stock of all sizes in various color combinations
Iris Parachute Options - On all sizes you can order our stock build using nylon lines, or the ultra compact with Spectra Nanoline shroud lines for the ultimate in light weight and compactness. The Spectra version uses 400# Spectra for the shroud lines (with other line optional), a Spectra center pull down and bridle (no swivel). It is the ultimate is light weight and compact size!
NOTICE: We occasionally sell out of a given size and have more being made. If your time line is short and you need your parachute ASAP then please check with us for a stock check. If you order custom colors or have a special order let us know when you need your parachute, we will try and work with you and your schedule. Custom orders ship about three weeks ARO.
Be sure to check out all our recover gear:
- Altimeters and other electronics
- Nomex Blankets
- Kevlar, Nylon and Spectra Harnesses
- Shock Cords
- Deployment Bags
Let us be your one-stop shop for all your recovery needs!