Iris Ultra - Raises the bar on Parachute Performance
The Iris Ultra chutes raise the bar on parachute performance. These chutes feature a unique toroidal shape comparable to a doughnut cut in half. There are several common industry names for this shape, including an Annular Parachute, or a Pull Down Apex Parachute because the apex (crown) of the chute is pulled down inside the canopy. The design results in a Cd of 2.2 or more! This means you can use a size smaller chute for the same load carrying performance. Said another way, the Iris Ultra 72" will out perform the CFC-84 elliptical chute. In addition to this, due to the way the canopy is shaped, these chutes have a bit less fabric in the canopy compared to the same size elliptical chute. We generally have stock of all sizes on the Iris Ultra chute from the IFC-30 to IFC-120, and stock canopies for the IFC-144 and larger. We can also build custom parachutes - you choose the size, colors as well as many other options. We also have multiple line types available including nylon, and several weights of Spectra from 200lb line up to 650lb test.
Iris parachutes feature:
- Lightweight 1.1oz Mil-spec calendared rip-stop nylon - making chutes compact and lightweight
- Toroidal design - optimal for high drag with minimum material and weight
- Choose your size, from 30" up to 192" (16')
- Chutes feature strong integrated bridal for the parachute-to-main harness connection
- Ultra compact version uses Spectra "Nano" shroud line for the most compact size and least weight.
- Include a top loop for use with deployment bags
- Your choice of up to three colors and your pattern, or choose from our stock of all sizes in various color combinations
Iris Parachute Options - On all sizes, you can order our stock built using nylon lines or the ultra compact options with Spectra Nanoline shroud lines. The Spectra version uses 400lb Spectra for the shroud lines (with other line optional) and a Spectra center pull down and bridle (no swivel). It is the ultimate choice for a lightweight and compact parachute that will save space for payload capacity!
NOTICE: We occasionally sell out of a given size and have more being made. If your time line is short and you need your parachute ASAP, then please contact us for a stock check. If you order custom colors or have a special order, let us know when you need your parachute. We will try and work with you and your schedule. Custom orders ship about three weeks ARO.
Be sure to check out all of our recovery gear:
- Altimeters and other electronics
- Nomex Blankets
- Kevlar, Nylon and Spectra Harnesses
- Shock Cords
- Deployment Bags
Let us be your one-stop shop for all your recovery needs!