CO2 Ballistic Parachute Deployment System - Simple CO2 deployment for use on any Rocket or UAS!
These systems are compact CO2 release devices that can be used to pressurize a parachute canister or compartment. Attach this to your parachute compartment and you have a complete CO2 deployment system. CO2 has the advantage of being clean and cool, so no holes are melted in your parachute. We still recommend some sort of protection for the parachute, such as a Nomex Blanket, or a Chute Liner. These help protect the parachute from mechanical abration and damage.
The Hawk CO2 Release, pictured below, is an all mechanical system that requires no pyro consumables in order to operate, so it does not have regulatory issues and can be used world wide. Download the Hawk Users Guide.
Hawk CO2 Release
Hawk CO2 attached to the Peregrine UAV Ballistic Parachute Deployment Canister
We have the Tinder Rocketry Peregrine CO2 Release Valve. This is similar to the Rouse Tech CD3 device but is re-engineered to take it up to the next level! We have two systems now: the Peregrine "Exhaustless" system, which supports 8 and 12 gram CO2 cartridges, and the Peregrine Raptor, which supports 23 gram and higher CO2 cartridges - perfect for big projects. These devices require pyro consumables, so they may have regulatory constraints on where they can be used.
The 12G / 8G starter kit comes complete with everything needed for two units!
Peregrine Raptor 23 gram and up CO2 System
Here is a list of key features:
- It is exhaustless and designed to be mounted inside the AV-Bay with your delicate electronics. The recovery bay stays clear of the firing device, leaving more room for your parachute!
- Both the pyro charge gas and the CO2 vent out the front of the device. The pyro gas is immediately cooled by the CO2.
- It is short - the 12 gram unit is just 4-1/2 inches long and is lighter in weight!
- Two units can be easily mounted side by side on a 4" AV-Bay cap. Use one unit for primary and one for backup with plenty of room for your electronics!
- The initiator can use either black powder, unregulated Pyrodex, or Triple Seven gun reloading powder.
- The initiator is sealed with o-rings, allowing reliable high altitude deployment. The Peregrine CO2 device has been tested to 29' Hg of vacuum.
- Two different charge cup designs so you can use multiple types of initiators or low current J-Tec style e-matches.
- Lastly, it's Inexpensive! The starter kit includes a complete 8 gram AND 12 gram unit and sells complete with extra parts for just $179.
Peregrine Internal View
Raptor Internal View
Looking for UAV and Drone deployment systems? See the new Peregrine UAV Deployment System for UAV's.
Download the Peregrine CO2 Instruction Manual.
YouTube video of the Hawk and 12G Peregrine unit tests...
Hawk CO2 System Test
12G Peregrine CO2 Test
Let us be your one-stop solution for your entire recovery system.
Next Up - TARC Parachutes!