NEW! Just released we have the Tinder Rocketry Peregrine Raptor CO2 deployment device. This is very similar to the Rouse Tech CD3 device but is re-engineered to take it up to the next level!
The newest Peregrine, The RAPTOR, is lightweight, compact and versatile! It is designed to be easy to use and works with many CO2 cartridges ranging in size from 23 to 85 grams! The Raptor system ships with your choice of 23, 33, or 45 gram cartridge, up to 4 cartridges total.
Here is a list of key features:
IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION:
- Both the pyro charge gas and the CO2 vent out the same ports of the device. The pyro gas is immediately cooled by the CO2.
- The firing pin end is compact and is light in weight!
- Two units can be easily mounted side by side on a 4" Av-bay cap. Use one unit for primary and one for backup and have plenty of room for your electronics!
- The initiator can use black powder, or unregulated Pyrodex or Triple Seven gun reloading powder.
- Initiator is sealed with o-rings allowing reliable high altitude deployment. The Peregrine Raptor has been tested to 29' Hg of vacuum.
- Two different charge cup designs so you can use easy to get (and unregulated) model rocket initiators (Q2G2), or low current J-Tec style e-matches
- And it's Inexpensive!!! The starter kit includes a complete system, with four CO2 cartridges, and sells complete for just $140.
We can not ship the CO2 cartridges outside the US or Canada. For customers outside the US or Canada please select the option to not have us include CO2 cartridges. Also before you order make sure you can get the Leland CO2 cartridges with the 1/2" 20TPI CO2 bottles. These are commonly used on life preserver vests. Also we can not ship CO2 cartridges by air, so ground shipping only please if you include CO2 cartridges.
Download the Peregrine Raptor CO2 Instruction Manual.
Also here is a You Tube video on loading the Raptor charge cup and Piston. Note there are a few critical tips in the video that will help get the most out of the system.